Losing a grandparent is quite tough. Whether your grandma passed away suddenly or you had some lead time, the grief might be unbearably intense. It’s crucial to find the words to celebrate her memory and say goodbye.
Messages from the heart let others understand how much she meant to you. Sayings and quotes can convey the range of complex emotions you’re feeling. They might be able to uplift you and bring you some comfort as you grieve.
In this article, I have listed down 60 Rest In Peace (RIP), Grandma Quotes, to remember her life which you can share on her death anniversary through social media posts, writing captions or poems to name a few.
Where to Post a Message of Rest in Peace, Grandma
If your grandmother passed away, you might want to write and share a simple post on the internet. This communicates her passing to her friends and the larger community. People can share memories and offer condolences in this space.
Some suitable platforms to leave a brief “rest in peace” message include:
- Your social media pages (FB, Twitter, Insta) or hers
- A memorial website or tools such as Legacy.com
- A personal website or blog
- The alumni page for her school or local groups.
These give you a platform to leave a quote and create beautiful online pages with length as per your choice.
Depressing Grandma “Rest In Peace” Quotes
It’s natural to feel deep sadness for someone after your grandma’s death. Few “rest in peace” quotes capture the profound grief you may experience:
- “What we have once enjoyed deeply we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us.” -Helen Keller
The enduring essence of love and its tremendous influence on our lives are both beautifully captured by Helen Keller. Because of the priceless memories we hold in our hearts, our loved ones become an important part of who we are.
- “Unable are the loved to die, for love is immortality.” – Emily Dickinson
Love has no limits set by mortality, and Emily Dickinson’s words resonate with this fact. The bonds we share with those we cherish remain unbroken, allowing their spirit to dwell eternally in our hearts.
- “If tears could build a stairway, and memories were a lane, I would walk right up to heaven and bring you home again.” – Unknown
This moving phrase depicts longing powerfully. It expresses both the depths of grief and the intense want to be with a loved one again. Recollections and tears both represent the emotional trip that memory takes us on.
- “Gone yet not forgotten, although we are apart, your spirit lives within me, forever in my heart.” – Unknown
In these touching words, the sentiment of separation is met with the enduring connection of the heart. Our deepest beings continue to carry the memory of a lost loved one, which gives us ongoing solace and fortitude.
- “Her memory is my keepsake, with which I’ll never part, God has her in his keeping. I have her in my heart.” – Unknown
The priceless memories we treasure are creatively expressed in this quote.
While physical presence may be gone, the memory of a loved one is forever treasured, a connection that can never be severed.
Inspiring Grandma “Rest In Peace” Quotes
Remembering your grandma’s spirit and the special moments you shared can be comforting. These inspirational “rest in peace” sayings reflect on life’s continuance:
- “Living is death; dying is life. We aren’t who we seem to be. On this side of the grave we are exiles, on that citizens; on this side orphans, on that children”.- Henry Ward Beecher
Henry Ward Beecher’s powerful words challenge our understanding of life and death. He provides a detailed description of our journey and claims that the hereafter is a reunion of the souls with their true selves.
- “Those we love don’t go away, they walk beside us every day.” – Unknown
This quote wonderfully concludes love’s timeless essence and impact on our lives. Knowing that our loved ones are still there in our memories, thoughts, and even small events brings comfort
- She is not gone, she’s just away. With a cheery smile, and a wave of the hand, she has wandered into an unknown land.” – Unknown
The imagery of a joyful departure stresses that even though a person may have physically left this world, their spirit is still present in another.
- Do not stand at my grave and weep; I am not there. I do not sleep. I am a thousand winds that blow. I am the diamond glints on snow.” – Mary Elizabeth Frye
The writings of Mary Elizabeth Frye showcase a consoling point of view on dying. The depiction of the natural elements acts as a reminder that even after someone has died, their spirit still permeates on this earth.
- “May the road rise up to meet you. May the wind be always at your back. May the sun shine warm upon your face.” – Irish Blessing
This is a wonderful method to convey wishes for the departed’s journey in the afterlife. The language evokes a sense of direction, security, and warmth, signifying the hope that their future will be filled with wonderful things.
Grandma, “Rest In Peace,” Quotes for a Last Farewell
These “rest in peace” quotes for your grandma will convey how much you will miss her and saying goodbye is painful.
- “May the angels lead you into paradise. May the martyrs come to welcome you and take you to the holy city, the new and eternal Jerusalem.” – Catholic Prayer
This poignant Catholic prayer beautifully envisions a peaceful transition into the afterlife. It serves as a reminder that we are traveling towards a world of eternal peace.
- “When someone you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure to always hold in your heart.” – Unknown
The painful reality that our loved ones’ memories are priceless treasures is well captured in this quote. They continue to exist in our hearts as treasured recollections even after they leave our actual presence.
- “You will forever be my grandmother, confidant, role model, and best friend.” – Unknown
This pays tribute to the multiple roles a grandmother often played during her lifestyle stages in our lives. Highlights the truthfulness and extent of the relationship, portraying the role of the grandmother not only as a family member but a true guide.
- “I hope you’re dancing in the sky. I’ll look up to you as I go by.” – Unknown
This is a heart-touching way to exhibit the hope that their soul remains freely and joyful above.
- “If I could write a story, it would be the greatest ever told, of a kind and loving grandmother who had a heart of gold.” – Unknown
Exhibiting the emotions that a grandmother’s legacy is worth enough. This focuses on her positive traits, kindness, and precious love she shared.
‘Rest in Peace, Grandma’ Quotes on her Death Anniversary
Grandmother’s death anniversary can evoke deep emotions again. Sharing a quote lets friends know you’re thinking of her that day.
- “I miss my grandma every day, but on her death anniversary, I take comfort in knowing that she is still with me in spirit.” – Michelle Obama2
These words of Michelle Obama capture the common experience of missing a loved one. This quotation supports the notion that important events, such as death anniversaries, present a rare chance to perceive the continuous existence of individuals we have lost.
- “There is not a day when I do not think of you. You are forever alive in my heart. You were and always will be the love of my life. I miss you so much, Grandma.”
This saying perfectly expresses how love and memory endure. The sentiment is powerful, highlighting how a grandmother’s influence and affection endure and are ever-present.
- “If tears could build a stairway and memories a lane, I’d walk right up to Heaven and bring you home again.” – Unknown
The idea of making a path out of tears and memories represents the intense yearning to be with a loved one again, even in the afterlife.
- “My life changed forever when you died. And I know death is natural, but I still have a hard time knowing you are no longer alive”- Olivia Nelson
There is no right way to say goodbye. Not when they’re dying. Not after they’re done. So we reach out to others to cope. We discuss what others should and shouldn’t say. What helps, what doesn’t.
‘Rest in Peace, Grandma’ Quotes to Share When You Miss Her
Small everyday reminders can trigger feelings of missing your grandma. Quotes for when you’re missing her reflect on grief and healing.
- It’s been 5 years now and I miss you still. I have accepted the fact I always will, but it’s no longer a sudden wave crashing over me until I can’t breathe. It’s no longer an urgent, aching painfully breaking beat in my heart. It is more of a gentle beat of a heart at peace, a heart that had to put itself back together piece by aching piece.”- Samantha Camargo
These soft words written by Samantha in deep remembrance of his grandmother paint a journey of healing and growth through grief. The gradual transformation of pain into a heart at peace speaks to the resilience of the human spirit
- “Today I miss you a little more than yesterday” -Gemma Troy
The idea of missing someone more and more as time goes on is in line with the ebb and flow of emotions.
- “Missing you grandma. Your smile, your voice, your delicious food, your sense of humor, your hugs. I miss the ways you made everything feel better. I just miss you.”- Unknown
This particular idea shows the profound influence a grandma has on every aspect of life.
- “I’ll be your legacy. I’ll be your voice. You live on in me so I’ve made the choice to honour your life by living again. I love you. I miss you. I’ll see you again.”- Alan Pedersen
This quote is an affirmation that, in memory of them, we will live lives as full of love and joy as we possibly can.
- “I am so grateful that you are my grandma. I have so many loving and priceless memories of you throughout my life. You will always be loved and forever missed.”- Unknown.
This could be the best and most natural way of saying a heartfelt missing grandma quote, which will remind you of your relationship with her.
- “Unable are the loved to die for love is immortality.” – Emily Dickinson
According to this quote, our love for our deceased loved ones goes beyond the limits of death.
Grandma’s Rest in Peace Quotes to Post or Caption on Social Media
Social media is the simplest and quickest way to share memories and tributes. These quotes work nicely alongside photos of your grandma.
- “A grandmother’s love is forever.” – Unknown
This saying perfectly expresses how enduring and limitless a grandmother’s love is. It captures the enduring influence she has on our lives and the enduring love she inspires.
- “The memories of our lives, of our works, and our deeds will continue in others.” – Rosa Parks
The words of Rosa Parks underline the enduring impact that our deeds and experiences have on the world. It reminds us that the memories we make will carry on our legacy.
- “There are no goodbyes for us. Wherever you are, you will always be in my heart.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Mahatma Gandhi’s quote conveys a message that physical presence does not limit the bonds of love and connection. Even in our absence, our loved ones remain close in our hearts.
- “Her soul was so gentle, her heart was so wise, her spirit so sweet, she’ll live on in our memories.”
Grandma’s inner qualities and unforgettable experiences point up her life through joyful memories.
Visiting your grandma’s gravesite can help you feel connected and find closure. These quotes are fitting for engraving on a headstone or memorial marker.
- “A grandmother’s love lasts forever.”
- “My grandmother taught me everything, except how to live without her.”
- “She’s gone but she is everywhere.”
- “Grandma your memory will never fade.”
- “In life, we loved you dearly, in death we love you still. In our hearts, you hold a place. No one else will ever fill.”
- “Forever in our hearts.”
Share These ‘Rest in Peace, Grandma’ Poems
Poems can eloquently sum up how you feel about your grandmother. These poems you can share at your Grandma’s funeral.
- By Rhiannon Amberfyre
To say we met
To say you taught me
To say I love you
None of these is enough
For your world
With all its light and hope,
Couldn’t prepare me for this sorrow
This saying goodbye
Tell me it won’t matter
Promise me wherever I am
You will be with me
in the place where ‘Goodbye’
doesn’t matter, where forever
is just an instant and our love
A bridge connecting, linking
Making all things, one.
- “Afterglow” by Helen Lowrie Marshall”
This poem written by Helen describes the lasting influence of a person’s existence even after their death. The author has thrown light on how the memories of close ones continue to shine brightly.
- “She Is Gone by David Harkins”
This poetry focuses on the idea that if we remember our loved ones even after they pass away, they will always be with us in spirit. Also gives a message of cherished memories spent together, searching for solace and confirming that physically they are absent, the connection remains eternal.
- By Christy Ann Martine
She’s in the sun, the wind, the rain,
She’s in the air you breathe with every breath you take.
She sings a song of hope and cheer,
there’s no more pain, no more fear.
You will see her in the clouds above,
Hear her whisper words of love.
You will be together before long, until then
Listen to her song.
What Emotions Are You Attempting to Express?
Losing your grandmother brings intense emotions. The “rest in peace” quotes you choose to send a message about the feelings you are working through. Some emotions commonly expressed include:
- Deep sadness and grief over the loss
- Appreciation for special memories made together
- Finding inspiration and comfort in her enduring spirit
- Regret or guilt over things unsaid or undone
- Loneliness and missing her presence
- Gratitude for the time you shared
- Hope to reunite again one day
Choosing the right words can help convey the difficult sentiments after your grandmother’s passing. May these “rest in peace, grandma” quotes provide some solace and inspiration during your time of grief.